Many people choose to adopt an internet lifestyle because they yearn for the flexibility of working from any location. While flexibility is definitely a top advantage of an internet lifestyle, many people fail to consider the significant cost savings and increased efficiency offered by a laptop lifestyle. Below are the top three benefits of living an internet lifestyle.
1) You can more easily achieve work-life balance. Adopting an internet lifestyle offers flexibility that is not offered when you work at an office from 9:00 until 5:00. Even if you do not work overtime, your family life can suffer and stress can arise. With an internet lifestyle, you can adjust your schedule to benefit your career and your family.
2) You save money on gasoline and transportation costs. When you live an internet lifestyle, you can work from the comfort of your own home or from the location of your choice. With the average worker spending $2,600 per year on commuting expenses, the savings can accumulate quickly for a household with two people who work.
3) You can make better use of your time. The average married person who commutes 40 minutes to work each day spends roughly 1.3 working years per decade commuting to and from work. For an individual who plans to spend 40 years working, this means the following for people who choose an internet lifestyle:
- You could retire four years sooner
- You can reduce your time dedicated to work activities by 10% and still achieve the same results
- You have more time to devote to voluntaristic or spiritual pursuits
The Bottom Line
There are many reasons to consider an internet lifestyle.
Flexibility, reduced transportation expenses, and increased efficiency are just a few advantages of enjoying a laptop lifestyle. In addition to gaining freedom from the rat race, you will also develop valuable decision-making capabilities and time management skills.